Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My body hates me

Most days, not too much happens to me. I usually go to work, read some emails, make calls and appointments... grab a drink with my friends after work... chill around my house, annoy my dog (or he annoys me) and watch some tv... then bed. Pretty standard (read: boring).

But recently, my routine has been thrown off by the fact that I was buying a house (which happened today). Meaning, I'm moving in like 2 days. And given my familiar experiences with moves and how many of your favorite things can break during a move, I know how important it is to pack up carefully.


So imagine my disdain, when I woke up this morning to really sharp pain in my shoulder and the inability to raise my left arm more than a few inches. My first panic: OHMYGOD - MY HAIR! Yes, it's true. I'm rocking bed hair today because I can't reach my head. (Thankfully, I was able to brush my teeth with the other hand). My second panic: OHMYGOD - I'M MOVING! AND STILL NEED TO FINISH PACKING!

This is mutiny. I told my shoulder that I'm really busy and have an extremely hectic schedule... but it doesn't care. My body hates me and is basically demonstrating the very worst timing possible.

I can't say that I'm overly surprised by this shoulder thing - to be honest, it's been getting gradually worse for about a month. I was blaming my bed (and used it as a handy excuse to buy a new one on Black Friday), but I don't think that's the culprit anymore. And I got a massage on Friday and asked the therapist to focus on my shoulder... so I'm hoping that didn't make things worse either.

I've self-diagnosed via WebMD, so I'll test my theory this afternoon when I go see Dr. McDreamy. I only called him that because his real name is weird and to protect my own privacy. And because he's handsome.

Ugh, the ups and downs of life.

XOXO
jam

1 comment:

  1. I had two possible diagnoses: bursitis or a rotator cuff issue. #2 was the winner - inflamed and slight tear in my rotator cuff. One (HUGE) steroid injection later... I don't feel much different. Apparently it wasn't a miracle cure and will take a couple days to feel better. Wah.

    ReplyDelete