Thursday, October 21, 2010

I dig your style: Zooey Deschanel


I didn't know much about Zooey Deschanel until she came into my life via a little flick called "500 Days of Summer." It is a really great movie with an interesting message and storytelling style (did anyone else love the calendar that represented how long they had known each other and the scenery matched the mood of their relationship?!).

About halfway through the movie, however, I began to be distracted by how CUTE Zooey is. Her style is classic, vintage, feminine and detailed. She's timeless instead of trendy. She's quirky and beautiful - a tough combo to pull off.


When you throw in her natural beauty - rocking haircut, dark hair/blue eyes killer mix - you have a bonafide style icon.


There is a recurring theme of light, airy fabrics in her wardrobe. Love love love it.


I won't spoil the movie for any of you who haven't seen it, but here's a cute scene from the film. Netflix it today. You won't be disappointed.


Hello red. I'm so into this outfit. And glad it's getting to be cool enough for tights!

And not only is she a pretty face with pretty clothes. She sings pretty too. I love the energy of this video. And the dancing. I appreciate the attainable choreography.



All in all, this is a chic that I totally dig. I want to be friends. If only just to closet swap. But I'm pretty sure we'd be real friends too. She seems cool.

Start playing with fabrics and details. A simple shirt with an interesting focal point or a classic outfit with a pretty hair accessory is oh-so-Zooey. And oh-so-lovely.

XOXO
JAM

2 comments:

  1. I love Zooey. She was in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Ready to Launch, and a couple other movies I can't recall at this time. I too realize that it was not the movies I liked, but rather I love Zooey. She is so classy and fun. I will have to see 500 Days of Summer. Thanks for the great idea. WindyG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eu também amoo a Zooey Deschanel ela é tão fofa e linda ,agora que estou conhecendo mais a banda dela she & him ...percebi , ela além de ser linda e super fofa, tem uma linda voz !!

    minha irmã gasta muito da Kristen Stewart muitoo mesmooo (mas não como bella em Crepusculo/ela gosta dela na vida real como KRISTEN) e minha irmã vivia dizendo que eu não gostava de nenhuma atriz ou cantora (ator ou cantor) , agora minha irmã não pode falar mais isso !!

    agora eu já tenho quem gostar Zooey Deschanel (é muito engraçado a Zooey é atriz e cantora)

    I ♥ Zooey .....

    ReplyDelete