Monday, October 18, 2010

Eat at: Eatzi's (Dallas)

Every time I come to Dallas – which is often for work – I hope that I somehow find the time to make it over to Eatzi’s. I never do… but tonight, I was on my own for dinner and quite close to an Eatzi’s location on Lover’s Lane. My dreams came true!


Eatzi's on Lover's Lane

Eatzi’s isn’t your typical restaurant. In fact, it’s not even really a restaurant. It’s a European-style market that just happens to have some seating. I, however, never sit down. I’m too busy walking around and drooling over the delicious displays, samples and chef-prepared foods.


Hello gorgeous.

Imagine a place where there is the most colorful produce laid out before your eyes, a wall full of freshly-baked, still-dusty-with-flour artisan bread, a case of divine too-pretty-to-eat cakes and pastries, fresh cuts of meat hanging behind the butcher, wine wine wine everywhere and as many varieties of cheese as your heart desires. Not to mention the make-to-order salad, sandwich, pasta and grill stations. Top it all off with classical Italian tunes piping in your ears and this place is a gourmet heaven.



For me, Eatzi’s is a total sensory experience, but most of all, a feast for my eyes. Which is probably a good thing, since it’s a little pricey. You gotta PAY for gourmet heaven!

Tonight I spent about 45 minutes in there, just perusing. And tasting. Oh the tasting! I tried red pepper hummus. Artichoke and CRAB spread. Homestyle chicken salad. Havarti dill cheese. Jalepeno cheese sourdough. The most delicious snickerdoodle cookie I’ve ever had. So much tasting that I wasn’t really that hungry by the time I was ready to make my purchase. But I had to get what I ultimately came here for: the Bombay chicken curry pasta. Think chicken, tortellini pasta, hint of curry, raisins… Yum.

Then I topped it off with a Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Juice. Sparkling yum.


Drink Your Apple a Day.

On second thought, I’m glad there isn’t an Eatzi’s near my home. I’d be broke. And constantly full to the max. What this little Eatzi’s excursion HAS done is inspire me to start making my meals more beautiful, more gourmet, more of an experience. I’m going to give the microwave dinners a rest and try to be more thoughtful about dinner. Maybe I’ll start playing Italian classical music while I cook… instead of watching Jersey Shore. Ugh, embarrassing.

Anyway, no matter where or what you dine on this evening, I hope it’s lovely.

XOXO

JAM

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! This sounds delicious, except for the "artichoke and crap spread" in the paragraph above the picture of the apple juice. :) I'm sure you mean "crab!"

    ReplyDelete